Answer to common questions and Info About Nowegian Courses and learning norwegian
We offer norwegian courses for everybody. We specialize in small groups with max. 5- 10 students, this helps us to focus on each student and everyone in the group and to give the extra help to the individual. The teacher answers all the questions and the teaching style is interactive and fun yet professional.
Please find all your questions and answers to your norwegian courses , norskprøven , bergenstest , samfunnskunnskapsprøven below:
Norway is a very beautiful country in Scandinavia. Norway borders to Sweden and Finland and are only 6 hours away by car from Denmark. People of Norway are called Norwegians and the language is called Norwegian. Norway is famous for its living standard and work-life balance, but most importantly for the breathtaking nature. Norway has a very short summer and a long winter, but don't be scared, you get used to it... We promise...
If you still aren't convinced about moving to Norway, we recommend you to visit this website: VISIT NORWAY
Språkakademiet is a norwegian language school offering basic to advanced level norwegian courses in 8 norwegian cities. The school was established in 2015 and has ever since growed to become one of the leading schools for learning norwegian. The school loves technology and are therefore only using the website for all bookings and classes arrangements, as well as all the administration. We also have the most well functioning live video norwegian online courses programs in the country.
The school has specialized in offering courses in small groups and with young and professional teachers and an intensive course program. We believe in not wasting any time, therefore all our courses goes only over 4 weeks each.
The school also belive in not taking the money beforehand from the students, but offers installments and invoice methods, making it flexible and easier for the students to be students and learn the beautiful norwegian language.
There are 5 norwegian language levels based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR):
- Level A1: This is the first level and it's the beginner norwegian course level. In this level you will learn everything about the grammars and pronounciation, and after completing this level you will be able to understand more of the daily life norwegian such spoken in the grocery stores etc...
- Level A2: This is the second level and it's the beginner norwegian course level final part. In this level you will continue to learn the final part of the grammars and pronounciation, and after completing this level you will be able to understand more and be able to compare things, talk about your day, what you are wearing, what you want and much more...NOTE: After completing level A1 and A2 you can start to prepare for the norwegian level A2 exam which will give you the permanent residence permit.
- Level B1: This is the third level and it's the first part of the intermediate norwegian course level. This level is usually divided into two or three parts (B1-1, B1-2, B1-3), the reason for that is that it's a lot of new vocabulary on a higher level than A1 and A2. A lot more difficult excercises and also the level that will help you pass the Bergenstest or Norskprøve. You will learn to use the norwegian language more active and focus more on the grammars and sentence structure etc...
- Level B2: This is the fourth level and it's the first part of the high intermediate norwegian course level. This level is usually divided into two parts (B2-1 and B2-2). You will in this level be able to understand and speak the language very well and you will learn advanced sentence structure and grammars and this is also the level that sets the foundation for the Bergenstest.NOTE: After completing level B1 and B2 you can start to prepare for the Bergenstest which will open every door in Norway, worklife, studylife and so on...
- Level C1: This is the fifth and most advanced norwegian course level, this level is not for everyone and it's not obligatory either. You learn to work with academic and literally texts and extend your vocabulary and to see nuances of the language.
You have to pass norwegian level A2 to get the permanent stay permit.
You have two alternatives:
- Call us at +47 4585 9288 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you all the details such as course info, place and time.
- Click on SIGN UP and register your contact and preferred norwegian course details and we will send you an confirmation with all details and information.
NOTE: Buy the correct curriculum books for your level (see information about this on the course page for your level) before starting the class.
You can buy them in any bookstore. Find some online stores below:
Check your course level page to find the right book for your norwegian course.
NOTE: If you would like to have the books in PDF-format, then we can provide them to you for free.
There are three steps and levels of norwegian you will be able to reach after taking the standard courses:
- After completing A1 and A2 you will know the norwegian language grammar and you will also know how to pronounce and how to have small daily life conversations with co-workers, students, friends etc...
- After completing B1 you will have an extended vocabulary and know more advanced sentence structure and will also be able to hold longer conversations about several different topics, this is the minimum level you need to work as a health professional in Norway as an example.
- After completing B2 you will have an even more extended vocabulary and know how to analyze and understand texts and litterature and you will also be able to argue in the norwegian language and you will also be close to taking the famous Bergenstest if that is one of your goals.
Yes, we do. We only use curriculum books that are based on the CEFR.
Yes, you will. You will recieve electronic certificate on you email when you are finished with the course.
NOTE: You need to minimum attend 80% of the course classes to recieve the certificate. If you are absent more than 20% of the classes, you may still get a certificate, but you need to e-mail us a signed doctor's note confirming a valid reason for your absence.
The student will recieve an invoice (faktura) in the middle of the course. The invoice will be sent to the e-mail address registered when signing up. The invoice for the course can be paid at a post office or bank, or by using an online bank account (called a ‘nettbank’ in Norwegian).
For all courses the total amount to be paid for the course must be paid by the deadline that is written on the invoice, which will be 7 days before course finishes.
Yes, it's possible to pay in installments, to arrange that you will need to send us an email on email@example.com
If a payment is not carried out by the payment deadline written in the invoice, the student will receive a reminder by mail. If the payment is still not carried out after the reminder, the student will receive a debt collection notice (known as ‘inkasso’ in Norwegian) as per Norwegian law. The debt will be registered and a fine will be sent.
NOTE: The student can start the course and will pay before finishing the course.
Yes we do, please check contact us for more detailed information.
Yes we do, please see our website for online + classroom courses: TEACH ME NORWEGIAN
When you are not sure which level of norwegian you are, then you need to take a "check" test, this test will tell you which norwegian course to choose.
You can take our PLACEMENT TEST now.
You will get full syllabus, professional norwegian teacher and free books (PDF).
You need to register yourself on the following website:
We have small Norwegian language schools in 8 cities in Norway where we offer norwegian courses:
- Moss: in this school we also have students from Vestby, Drøbak, Råde
- Ski: in this school we also have students from Ytre Enebakk, Kolbotn,
- Lillestrøm: in this school we also have students from Jessheim, Fjerdingby, Eidsvoll verk, Lørenskog, Frogner, Fetsund, Kløfta, Nesodden, Nannestad, Råholt and Skedsmo.
- Sandvika: In this school we also have students from Asker, Bærum, Høvik, Blommenholm, Røyken, Drammen, Bekkestua, Fornebu, Kolsås, Lysaker, Rykkinn, Snarøya, Vøyenenga, Gjettum, Dønski og Bærums verk.
No, you can start at once you come to Norway or you can take our online courses in your home country as well.
To study in norway in norwegian language at universities or colleges you must:
To apply for citizenship you must:
- Pass norskprøve oral og written at minimum A2 level, or pass Bergenstesten
- Check if you also need to pass samfunnskunnskapsprøven in norwegian or statsborgerprøven, or fulfill the requirements to not have to take this test
Yes, it is. SIGN UP and let us know which level you want free lesson on and we will arrange for it.
We will accept cancellation if you send us e-mail before the registrations end.
If you cancel a week before the starting date of the course, you will need to pay the full amount.
If you cancel after attending first lesson, you need to pay the full amount.
If you have a letter with your doctors signature, then we can check it and accept the cancellation.
SpråkAkademiet er en del av LÆRERNE org nr: 919398132.
All our norwegian courses levels are based on the CEFR standard.
To apply for permanent stay permit/citizenship you need to have passed at least the exam for Norwegian level A2.
Learn Norwegian Grammar (Lær Norsk Grammatikk):
About page – Verb Wordlist (Verb Ordliste – Infinitiv form):
About page – Noun Wordlist (Substantiv Ordliste – Entall ubestemt form)